Manager of Investor Development
Job Type: Full time, salary plus commission
The Little Rock Regional Chamber is the principal business-driven leadership organization responsible for fostering the economic growth and development of the Little Rock region to ensure that business and industry may operate profitably and enhance the earning opportunities and quality of life for every citizen.
We are seeking an ambitious, results-driven sales professional to promote the positive aspects of chamber membership and secure new membership, sponsorship and supplementary sales. The successful candidate must be a willing and highly-motivated prospector that possesses excellent sales and communication skills. Key factors for success in this high-visibility role include competitive spirit, coachability, ability to build relationships and the self-motivation and drive to manage time effectively and achieve established goals.
- Utilize the Little Rock Regional Chamber’s standardized sales process and techniques to prospect, follow-up, sell memberships, sponsorships and supplementary investments to achieve sales quota
- Research and engage prospective member businesses via initial telephone contact and follow-up
- Assess prospective member needs and motivations to make appropriate connections to Little Rock Regional Chamber programs and resources that correlate to their business objectives
- Consistently achieve all monthly sales activity and production minimums
- Reliably carry out all four components of the Manager of Investor Development personal performance management system
- Actively leverage upselling of membership and sponsorships to drive new revenue and deeper member engagement
- Develop and maintain a quality prospective member list in the Little Rock Regional Chamber’s CRM database
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising or industry environment are a must.
- Existing connections to the regional business community are a plus
- Self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem-solving, negotiating and driving results
- Aptitude for working with volunteers and building relationships at all levels of an organization
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop and sustain business relationships
- Excellent writing skills with an extensive knowledge of grammar
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, CRM databases and software
- Highly detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to attend off-site meetings and events
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation plan is competitive with the local market and the applicant’s experience
- This is a full‐time (40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt level position
- Benefits include: Medical insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Little Rock Regional Chamber provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires:
- Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time and repetitive motions in computer use
- Requires learning and adapting new software
The Little Rock Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally-diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one PDF document, no later than January 31, 2019 to James Reddish, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager of Investor Development” in the subject line of the email.