MED Week Minority Business Awards
Announcing the 2020 MED Week Minority Business Awards Finalists
Little Rock Regional Emerging Minority Business of the Year
Little Rock Regional Minority Mentor of the Year
Little Rock Regional Minority Business of the Year
Little Rock Regional Minority Legacy Business of the Year
How it works
- Nominated businesses will be asked to fill out an application in order to become an official "Minority Business Awards Nominated Business." A link to an online application form will be sent to nominees Friday, August 7 – Friday, August 21.
- Applicants will have until Wednesday, August 26, 11:59 p.m., to complete and submit their application online.
- Applications will be judged anonymously by a group of judges from the chamber's Small Business Growth and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committees.
- Finalists will be notified by Wednesday, September 2.
- Finalists will be announced to the public on Thursday, September 3.
- Winners will be announced at the virtual Minority Business Awards on Monday, September 14.
Do I have to be a member of the Little Rock Regional Chamber to be nominated for an award?
Good news! You don't have to be a member to be nominated!
Can I find out who nominated my company?
Nominations are submitted online and, unfortunately, we keep that information private. But someone thinks your business is awesome!
Can I nominate my own company?
Yes, we encourage it!
What are the requirements to be eligible for a Minority Business Award?
Here are the requirements:
- 51% or more of the business must be owned by a person or persons of color.
- Locally-owned and privately held in the Little Rock region. Check to see if you're located within the defined area here.
How are applications scored?
Applications are scored by a select group of business professionals in the Little Rock region. All applications are anonymous. This means we take all identifying information out of your application before the judges read them.
2019 MED Week Award Winners
Little Rock Regional Emerging Minority Business of the Year - Williams Professional Coding Courses
Little Rock Regional Minority Business Support Organization of the Year - Synergy Saturday
Little Rock Regional Minority Legacy Business of the Year - Star of India
Congratulations to our winners!